OPERATIONS URBAN SEARCH AND RESCUE (USAR)
Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) is a general term for a group of specialized rescue skills that are integrated into a team with resources that include research, structural assessment capacity. Tasks locate people trapped in collapsed structures and other traps that use specially trained dogs and electronic search equipment.
GENERAL COURSE OVERVIEW
This course builds on the skills and knowledge gained from the First Incident Response of First Response Disaster that is based on FEMA protocols, INSARAG and NFPA. The course program was constructed to maximize the time and existing means. The program should be seen as dynamic, or to take advantage of opportunities as they present or circumvent other students using specialized platforms.
Tutors USE (master trainers, Trainer and Advanced Rescue operators) will be taken from experts in their specific areas of forming agency.
THE GOALS OF THIS COURSE IS FOCUSED ON
1. Know the safety measures and equipment needed for intervention in collapsed structures.
2. Know the different building systems, their characteristics and behavior in earthquakes and other causes of collapse.
3. Know the procedures and protocols, sorting systems, evaluation and signaling structures.
4. Apply the techniques of physics research or research technique surface (use of electronic sensors) and removal techniques for victims in rubble.
5. To apply the different movement techniques and load-lifting.
6. Learn drilling techniques and cutting construction materials (concrete, masonry, structural steel, etc.).
7. Learn the techniques shoring and stabilization of structures with wooden struts, metalizing and rescue.
8. Conhecer os escoramento trincheiras, túneis e galerias.
COURSE PROGRAM CONTENT
Theme: Structures 1 and collapses.
1. structures, principles I.
2. Structures, basic II.
3. Structural pathology.
4. Risk assessment structures.
5. Types of structural collapse of buildings and screening.
Theme: 2 Research in collapsed structures.
6. Start the search and rescue operations in collapsed structures.
7. physical search or surface.
8. Technical Research.
9. Techniques for treatment and disposal of victims of landslides.
Theme: 3 Intervention Techniques in collapsed structures.
11. Movement, lifting and stabilizing loads.
12. Cutting and punching of building materials.
13. Intervention in confined spaces.
14. Wells and shoring galleries.
15. Intervention in the trenches.
Theme: 4 SHORING.
16. Shoring Vision.
17. Vertical and horizontal Shoring.
18. Shoring and sloping sides.
19. Shoring doors and windows.
20. Special Shoring.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this course, students will:
learn the theoretical basis and the technical principles of the Urban Search and Rescue, also known as USAR. Recognize the types of structures and features and collapse patterns and how they affect rescue operations. You will learn the different techniques of search and rescue of victims under the rubble and the various types of emergency shoring
1. Light level rescue operators;
2. Search operators and basic urban rescue;
5. Disaster area paramedic;
6. Nurse disaster area;
7. Rescue operators volunteers.